Propel U Forward
Propel U Forward, a scholar accelerator program, provides in-depth mentoring and guidance to recipients of Arizona Alumni Association multicultural club scholarships. Propel U Forward students are part of a comprehensive scholar program that includes the following resources and opportunities:
- Alumni Association scholar cohort
- Formalized mentoring
- Engagement and internship opportunities
- Richer connection with alumni
- Strategic partnerships
- Relevant service
Propel U Forward was established to provide support for multicultural club scholars and address the unique experiences of students and alumni from diverse backgrounds. The goals of the Propel U Forward program are to:
- Increase accessibility of higher education to minority students
- Cultivate a culture of engagement with the University of Arizona through mentoring, community service and internship opportunities
- Embrace diversity
- Collaborate with alumni, the Alumni Association and community to build academic and personal success.
To encourage multicultural club scholarship recipients to become engaged in their university experience, encourage future success and maintain their scholarship holding.
Propel U Forward students attend Fun with Finances, a workshop partnership with Bank of America that focuses on money management and saving strategies.
Students also learn life skills by exploring topics like self-advocacy, networking, culture, internships or careers.