European Coastal Civilizations
Explore the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France and England. Cruise for eight nights in a private-balcony Stateroom aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Dumont d’Urville. Enjoy a memorable cruise up the storied River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge. Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy. Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela and visit Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum and the impressive abbey of Mont-St-Michel. Lisbon Pre-Cruise and London Post-Cruise Options.
Thomas P. Gohagan
From approx. $5,295 pp/do
Plus airfare and taxes
Dates and prices are subject to change
- A rare, private opportunity to cruise with guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II, esteemed political scientist and American historian and grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five‑Star small ship Le Dumont d’Urville, launching in 2019.
- Four countries—Portugal, Spain, France and England—with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy, accompanied by Professor David Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela and Mont-St-Michel.
- Visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s iconic Tower Bridge, possible only by small ship.
View/Print Brochure (PDF)