2020 Governing Board Selection Process
If you believe in the UAAA mission and are available to serve as an alumni ambassador in support of our programs and services, we welcome you to apply for an open seat on our governing board. Volunteering your time, talent and treasure on the governing board is personally and professionally rewarding, and helps connect and build a stronger alumni community.
- The deadline for submission is April 16, 2020.
- Term begins July 1, 2020.
- Term ends June 30, 2023.
- Applicants must be sustaining members of the UA Alumni Association at the time of submission and throughout their term. UAAA sustaining membership information can be found here.
- Board members are expected to attend three two-day meetings, typically scheduled on a Friday and Saturday in September, February and June. Each meeting is scheduled for a full day on Friday and half day on Saturday.
- Board members participate on 2-3 committees of the board requiring varying hours of commitment (averaging less than one hour per month).
- Board members will acquire sufficient knowledge of the Association and the University to be an effective ambassador of the Association and the UA in Arizona and their local community.
- Board members actively support and participate in Association and University programs including attending events in your local area.
- Board members are responsible for personal travel costs and are not offered compensation by the association.
- Board members provide financial support to the UAAA Fund for Excellence which directly supports UAAA initiatives.
The nominations committee uses the following criteria to vet the candidates:
- DIVERSITY: Consideration is given to nominees who represent diversity in all respects; age, gender, ethnicity in order to suitably represent the diversity of the alumni population.
- GEOGRAPHIC RESIDENCE: Nominee resides and/or works in alumni-rich region where current board representation is needed to develop alumni relationships and/or increase engagement in the region.
- UA ENGAGEMENT: Active participation within the institution where alumni representation would benefit the UAAA strategic goals.
- EXPERTISE/INDUSTRY: Business knowledge or specific expertise relevant to the current needs of the board.
- CONNECTOR: Nominee demonstrates the ability to create connections and introductions on behalf of the UAAA. They are a relationship builder involved in their community.
- Response to application questions
- The nominations committee, at its discretion, may request an interview.
Before submitting an application, governing board candidates are requested to read the following documents:
Elections take place at the June board meeting. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than end of June.
Nominations are being accepted through April 16, 2020.