Online: 2021 Bear Down Block Party
Thursday, August 12 & Friday, August 13, 2021
Join Arizona Alumni for a series of free virtual events to welcome recent graduates and new Wildcats to the alumni community!
During this two-day series of virtual events, you will have the opportunity to learn more about alumni career and networking resources, hear from Wildcat leaders, meet other Wildcats from your area and win special prizes!
Sign up for one event or all of them — whatever works in your schedule — for convenient ways to connect with Wildcats! Many of these events are also recorded so that you can watch them at the time that works for you.
Thursday, August 12 (All times listed below are MST/PDT)
- 12-1 p.m. Cats in the Corner Office
- "Cats in the Corner Office" features inspiration for your professional life from successful Wildcats. We invite you to join us for a discussion with alumna Shelly Lowe, executive director of Harvard's Native American Program. Join live for the chance to win some amazing prizes! Unable to join live? Still register and the recording will be shared with you after the event. Register here
- 2-3 p.m. Bear Down Network Master Class for Connection
- Learn how to use the power of the Wildcat community at your fingertips with this Bear Down Network Master Class. In this session, we will teach you how to use this connecting and communicating tool to help expand your alumni connections. Learn more about how to update your profile, mentoring on the platform, upcoming events and much more! Join live for the chance to win some amazing prizes! Unable to join live? Still register and the recording will be shared with you after the event. Register here
- 3-4 p.m. Boost Your Career with Mentoring
- The right mentoring relationship can be a powerful tool for professional growth. During this session, learn about ways a mentoring relationship can take your career to new heights and the mentoring programs available through the Alumni Career Lab. Join live for the chance to win some amazing prizes! Unable to join live? Still register and the recording will be shared with you. Register here
- 5-6 p.m. Mini-Mentoring Mixer- Sponsored by AP Mortgage
- Connect with fellow Wildcats during this live mini-mentoring mixer! Meet with up to four different alumni one-on-one during these quick 15-minute virtual networking sessions. Register here
Friday, August 13 (All times listed below are MST/PDT)
- 12-1 p.m. Nonprofit and Board Leadership Webinar
- Serving on a nonprofit board can not only help your local community, it can also boost your resume. Hear from alumna Jessie Bustamante, who has served on multiple nonprofit boards including serving on the Alumni Association's Governing Board and the PhoenixCats alumni chapter board. Join live for the chance to win some amazing prizes! Unable to join live? Still register and the recording will be shared with you after the event. Register here
- 3-7 p.m. Regional Chapter Happy Hours - Sponsored by AP Mortgage
- Whether you are staying in your home state or moving to a new city, we want you to learn all the tips and tricks of what your city has to offer. Who better to learn it from than other Wildcats? Every hour there's the chance to win some amazing Wildcat prizes! Join here during the happy hour on Aug. 13
American Pacific Mortgage is your partner for getting on the path to homeownership. Our educational homebuyer workshops and free personal consultations are perfect for those starting their journey and getting financially prepared for homeownership. Our mortgage experts will build a specialized game plan for you to reach your goal. Learn more about AP Mortgage.
If you have any questions, email Robyn McLaughlin at email@example.com.