Hosted by the University of Arizona Alumni Association and the UA College of Education
Welcome our special guest UA alumnus and New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza to the Big Apple! This is an exclusive event for all UA Alumni and members of the Wildcat community in the Tri-State area. Join us at Chela Park Slope.
Carranza is chancellor of the New York Department of Education, the largest school system in the nation, where he is responsible for educating 1.1 million students in over 1,800 schools. A dedicated educator for nearly 30 years, Carranza believes great education changes lives. A graduate of Pueblo High School in Tucson, Carranza received his Bachelor of Arts degree in secondary education from the UA in 1991. Testimony to his roots, Carranza is an accomplished mariachi musician. Carranza is excited to help the next generation of New Yorkers achieve their dreams.
- Richard Carranza, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education
- Bruce Johnson, dean of the UA College of Education
- Melinda Burke, president of the UA Alumni Association
- $20 (non-tax deductible)
- Drinks including unlimited sangria, margaritas, beer, white wine and soft drinks
- Full Mexican buffet including empanadas, flautas, ceviche, house-made guacamole, tacos pastor, vegetarian tacos, carnitas, ribs, enchildas, tortillas, churros and tres leches cake