Dear alumni and friends,
Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our Wildcat family and campus community. We, alongside campus leadership, have been monitoring changing conditions and new information about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
While the risk of contracting COVID-19 in Tucson remains low, the global and national situation continues to evolve swiftly. For the latest updates from the University of Arizona, please visit the university's COVID-19 webpage. This page serves as the central location for updates and guidance from the University of Arizona on the novel coronavirus.
Our campus community has come together swiftly to provide unwavering support to our students, faculty and staff.
• University classes will remain fully online for the remainder of the semester, and faculty and staff are encouraged to work from home.
• Campus support operations have been scaled back to meet the guidance set by City of Tucson. Student Union food services have moved to boxed and prepackaged meals, offered three times a day. Details are available on the Arizona Student Unions website.
• Campus Recreation facilities and the Main Library are closed until further notice. Check the University Libraries website for the latest on library openings, including offsite libraries that are open.
• Research operations are continuing as usual. For updates, check the Research, Innovation & Impact website.
• Events and gatherings on campus have been canceled or rescheduled, with updates to follow.
• Campus Health is operating with normal hours.
The university has announced the cancellation of May commencement. Read the letter to students announcing the cancellation from Robert C. Robbins, university president.
The university is planning an alternate graduation experience for the May 15 celebration. Updates will be available at commencement.arizona.edu starting Friday, March 27. Graduating seniors are invited to participate in a future Convocation and Commencement ceremony, either in December 2020 or May 2021.
Our hearts go out to these students and their families. The Alumni Association also is working with campus partners to finalize plans to host GradFest online. We hope to offer graduating seniors an enriching digital experience on social media and through the Bear Down Network.
Alumni Association Events and Programming
The Alumni Association and its chapters and clubs have canceled all events through April 30. We are rescheduling events when possible and will assess future events as the situation unfolds. Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. See Alumni Association Event Cancellations.
Additionally, the Arizona Alumni Travel program is working diligently to accommodate the needs of our travelers. And Astronomy summer camp programming has been canceled until further notice. You can continue to find the latest status of all our programs and events on our website and on our social media channels.
Despite the precautions we are taking, we will continue to be responsive to your needs as University of Arizona alumni and friends. Please continue to phone and email us as you normally would. You also can stay connected to other alumni and the university on the Bear Down Network.
As always, we appreciate the support of our alumni community and the contributions you make to your alma mater. May we continue to come together as a community in support of each other. We hope that you are healthy and stay well during this challenging time.
Melinda Burke '75 '81
Vice President, Alumni Relations
President, Arizona Alumni Association