Bhutan - Cultural Immersion Tour
Journey with us into the mystical and pristine land known for its profound Bhutanese hospitality, generosity, kindness, and unique architecture. Immerse yourself in a society, mostly rural villages, that practices Gross National Happiness (GNH), A measurable metric of nine well-being indicators, that in Bhutan, has replaced the gross national product. Bhutan is on many people’s ‘Bucket List’, and consistently appears in the NY Times “Places to Go” lists. Join us with University of Arizona Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Dr. Celestino Fernandez, in a life-changing encounter with Bhutanese Buddhist monks, lamas, scholars from this tiny nation- the worlds youngest democracy
- Enjoy the Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang Nunnery, which is situated in a pristine forest, with spectacular views
- Visit the enchanting Haa Valley
- Take a tour of the anicient capital of Punakha
- Go up to Dochula Pass, for a spectacular 360 degree view of the Himalayan Mountains.
- Visit the Queen's Monastery
- Attend Teschu’s Sacred Mask Dance Festival
- Absorb lectures by Professor Emeritus Celestino Fernandez on this last in-tact Buddhist society.
- Visit the iconic Tiger’s Nest
View/Print Brochure (PDF)