Stand in awe at sweeping mountain vistas on this active journey through the Canadian Rockies. In Kananaskis begin exploring with a visit to the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary and Boundary Ranch. Navigate the Athabasca Glacier via an Ice Explorer, enjoy unbeatable panoramas during a cruise on beautiful Maligne Lake, and board the Jasper Skytram for a breathtaking “flight” over a spectacular alpine vista. Embark on a scenic journey down the Athabasca River, and delight in dancing stars at Jasper’s Dark Sky Preserve. View the powerful Athabasca Falls and glacier-fed Peyto Lake during the drive to Banff. Discover Banff’s Bow River Valley and its picturesque highlights. See the ethereal beauty of Moraine Lake and cross Lake Louise’s emerald waters on a native-style canoe. At Chateau Lake Louise, take time to share your adventures over a delectable Afternoon Tea. Local guides provide fascinating insight during included excursions. This small-group journey features first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan that includes wine with dinner.
Your travels will include:
- Small group experience (limited to 28 travellers)
- Calgary/Kananaskis and a visit to the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary
- Columbia Icefield and an icefield excursion on the Ice Explorer, a specially designed glacier vehicle
- Three nights in Jasper and a cruise of Maligne Lake, a boat ride along the Athabasca River, a ride on the Jasper SkyTram at 7,472 feet, a visit to the Jasper planetarium and Dark Sky Preserve, and time for independent exploration
- Three nights in Banff and a tour of the city, an excursion to Athabasca Falls and Banff National Park, a visit to Canada’s first national park, and a guided canoe ride of Moraine Lake and Lake Louise
- Informative educational programs by local experts