2019 Governing Board Selection Process
Now is a great time to be a Wildcat! With the rollout of the new University strategic plan and the virtual Bear Down Network, we are on track to engage more Wildcat alumni than ever. If you believe in the UAAA mission and are available to serve as an alumni ambassador in support of our programs and services, we welcome you to apply for an open seat on our governing board. Volunteering your time, talent and treasure on the governing board is personally and professionally rewarding, and helps connect and build a stronger alumni community.
- The deadline for submission is March 1, 2019.
- Term begins July 1, 2019.
- Term ends June 30, 2022.
- Board members are expected to attend three two-day meetings, typically scheduled on a Friday and Saturday in September, February and June. Each meeting is scheduled for a full day on Friday and half day on Saturday.
- Board members participate on 2-3 committees of the board requiring varying hours of commitment (averaging less than one hour per month).
- Board members will acquire sufficient knowledge of the Association and the University to be an effective ambassador of the Association and the UA in Arizona and their local community.
- Board members actively support and participate in Association and University programs including attending events in your local area.
- Board members are responsible for personal travel costs and are not offered compensation by the association.
- Board members provide financial support to the UAAA Fund for Excellence which directly supports UAAA initiatives.
The nominations committee uses the following criteria to vet the candidates:
- Response to application questions
- Applicants must be sustaining members of the UA Alumni Association at the time of submission and throughout their term. UAAA sustaining membership information can be found here
- Record of service in support of the UA and Alumni Association
- Leadership abilities and experience
- Ability to contribute to the alumni association’s goal of a volunteer leadership group that reflects University alumni with regard to:
- geographical distribution,
- demographics (e.g. age, gender, ethnicity),
- relationships with and to college, chapter, UA community, and
- diversity of skills and industry representation
- The nominations committee, at its discretion, may request an interview.
Before submitting an application, governing board candidates are requested to read the following documents:
Elections take place at the June board meeting. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than end of June.