Shape the future of the Career Lab
The UA Alumni Association invites you to join a select group of UA alumni and key employers who share the Career Lab's commitment to creating a powerful UA network, serving alumni with outstanding professional development and networking resources, and creating a pipeline of exceptional and well-prepared talent for employers.
The Career Lab Advisory Council brings together successful UA alumni, business leaders and the Career Lab staff to discuss critical issues in hiring, employment, and the economy, consult on cultivating a strong UA network and connecting employers to alumni talent, and provide feedback on the Career Lab programs and future initiatives.
Members of the Career Lab Advisory Council shall:
- Serve as a resource to the Career Lab director; advise staff on employment market needs and hiring trends, the broader economy, and business issues related to the sector they represent.
- Promote the Career Lab through public acknowledgement with professional connections and networks.
- Provide feedback regarding new and existing initiatives of the Career Lab; offer input and advice related to alumni career services, marketing strategies, services for employers, and funding models.
Members of the Career Lab Advisory Council shall receive:
- The opportunity to shape the future of an important area of investment for the Alumni Association.
- Networking with other Council members and priority invitations to Career Lab events and programs.
- If representing a corporate entity, special invitation to participate in alumni-only career fairs in Tucson or around the country, post employment opportunities on UA alumni job bank, and be highlighted through the Career Lab’s social media.
- Twice yearly meetings: The Career Lab Advisory Council shall meet two times a year, with the option to attend meetings virtually by phone or web conference.
- Three-year terms: Members shall serve no more than three consecutive terms.
- Financial investment: Members will be invited to support UA alumni through the Career Lab with an annual gift.
- Your insight: Your most valuable contribution is your expertise and willingness to guide the future of the Career Lab.
Career Lab Advisory Council Structure:
- Initially, the Council shall consist of five members per year, gradually expanding to 15-20 members.
- Members will be senior leaders from a variety of industries. Representation of a diversity of industries (e.g. retailing, financial services, defense contractor, architect, law) will be considered when inviting and accepting menbers.
- Terms shall be two years and are renewable at the discretion of UAAA leadership. Initially some members may serve three or one-year terms in order to stagger future terms.